We are all in this together!
We would like to take a moment to acknowledge and thank all our clients and their employees around Australia, especially those who have been significantly impacted by COVID-19.
We are all in this together and honored to partner now or in the future with you and your organisation and your employees who are working tirelessly to help those who need it most right now.
As an RUOK? Community Ambassador, I wanted to share some self-care and wellbeing tips to support you and your team during this time. Lifeline has come out with new statistics that every 30 seconds someone is calling their helpline and this pandemic is negatively impacting people's mental health.
Mental Health & Wellbeing Top Tips:
1. Stay connected while in lockdown – reach out and check in with at least 1 family member or friend a day.
2. Working from home? Routine and structure to your day is key in the midst of uncertainty – set up specific times of the day to go for a walk, take a lunch break or attend online webinar to keep you engaged and motivated.
3. Set boundaries – limit your time talking about COVID-19 with colleagues, friends or family and only watch the news as you need to for updates, in order to protect yourself from becoming overwhelmed or anxious about the pandemic.
4. Daily gratitude is key to keeping your spirits high. I recommend a daily gratitude journal to write down what you are grateful for. Another thing I do if I am too busy to journal is when I wake up each morning before I get out of bed I think of 3 things I’m grateful for and at night when I have a shower before bed I think about all the things I’m grateful for from the day too. I find this helps shift my mood of mindset as needed too.
5. Meditation – Just 10 min a day can rewire the neural pathways in your brain so why not add this into your daily practice. I suggest Smiling Minds, Headspace or Calm apps to help you get started.
If you think your employees would benefit from me doing an RUOK? talk about how to maintain good mental health and wellbeing through this pandemic at your next zoom staff meeting, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0451 820 801.
You CARE for others WE CARE for you!
Stay safe and be kind to yourself during this time.
We are in this together!
Managing Director of TaylorCare Recruitment
te something here...