As the Therapeutic Practitioner you will lead and provide clinical knowledge and expertise over 6 residential homes to support children and young people and their carer’s and families as part of a professional multi-disciplinary team through out South East and West Melbourne.
You will work with foster carers, family and kinship care case managers to ensure children and young people who have experienced trauma, receive positive support and therapeutic care. This will include development of therapeutically appropriate plans and services, including assessments and behaviour support plans. This unique role is not to be missed and make a impact in the lives of children impacted by trauma.
Essential Knowledge & Skills for this role:
- Ability to manage issues, risks and contentious matters.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, external organisations, funding bodies and government agencies.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory environment for areas of business responsibility.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a therapeutic care setting or working in a therapeutic environment across a multi-disciplinary team.
- A tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing and appropriate registration.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of client support services across a diverse range of high and complex needs programs.
- Demonstrated experience in managing services within a budget.
- Demonstrated experience working within a complex, dynamic and high-volume environment.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and management.
- Proven experience in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities to deliver high quality outcomes within agreed timeframes
Why work with TaylorCare Recruitment?
We are passionate about giving back and support charities through our business: RUOK, A21 Campaign, Freedom Hub & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia.
As we place you into a job, we in turn can donate more to the charities we support.
We are a multi award winning agency and recently won the TIARA Specialist Recruitment Agency of the year 2020.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
This position is not to be missed so don't delay, send your CV to email@example.com or call 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.