As the Therapeutic Specialist you will provide clinical knowledge and expertise to support children and young people and their carer’s and families as part of a professional multi-disciplinary team in the Child and Family Permanency Support Program.
You will work with foster carers, family and kin and case managers to ensure children and young people who have experienced trauma, receive positive support and therapeutic care. This will include development of therapeutically appropriate plans and services, including assessments and behaviour support plans.
Key competencies of this role include:
- Knowledge of the issues, trends and philosophies underpinning the provision of services to clients in out of home care and/or with complex and/or challenging behaviours
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Out of Home Care & Disability Service Standards
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting and collaborating both within and external to the agency including health professionals, other agencies and departments
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a member of a clinical team
- Demonstrated sound level of time management and planning skills
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- AHPRA Registered Psychologist or AASW accredited Social Worker
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a therapeutic care setting or working in a clinical environment with children and young people in OOHC
- Knowledge and experience in the provision of assessment, consultation and therapeutic interventions for a broad range of vulnerable children or young people
- Understanding of safe work practices
- National Police Check and WWCC
- Current NSW drivers license
- Right to live and work in Australia (Sponsorship is NOT offered for this position)
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business - RUOK, A21 Campaign and Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - if you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive a Flight Centre voucher up to the value of $350. T&C's apply.
This position is not to be missed! So don't delay, send your CV to email@example.com, APPLY NOW below or call Kerri on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.