About the role
This role requires someone with highly developed media relations with a background in communications and marketing. You will be located in the Melbourne metro area, working in a division to plan and coordinate media and communications activities to raise awareness.
About the organisation
This role would give you the chance to work with the largest non-government provider of cancer research funds in Victoria. Through research, prevention and support for people with cancer, their families and friends; the organization supports their purpose through community interventions, mass media, advocacy, training and providing policy advice based on the best available evidence.
To be eligible to apply you will need the following:
- A tertiary degree in communications, public relations or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in planning and implementing integrated multi-faceted media and communication strategies / campaigns including public relations, digital (social media and websites), marketing and issues management.
- Highly developed media relations skills including a thorough understanding of the process of conducting a media interview from briefing through to execution.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships as well as negotiate effectively with a wide range of individuals and organisations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information, simply and clearly to a range of audiences.
- Excellent understanding of website content, development and online marketing as well as active engagement in social media technologies.
- Understanding of public health policy.
- Experience working in the health or non-profit sectors.
- Right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory completion of National Police Check
If this sounds like the ideal role for you don’t delay. Contact Kate Taylor - Manager Director today on email@example.com or call 02 98104498 for a confidential discussion to discuss this specialist role where you can make a difference. Please submit your cv through the Apply NOW to be considered for the role.