In this role you will contribute meaningfully to the delivery of quality service provision to children and young people in the organisation's care. This will involve coordinating all activities associated with the residential home and ensuring an emotionally positive and physically stable environment for staff and residents.
You will be responsible for role modelling appropriate conduct and ensuring that all the members of your team are compliant with the organisation's policies and procedures.
To be eligible to apply you will need the following:
- Degree in Social or Welfare Work or other relevant professional qualification
- The ability to deliver quality care in line with therapeutic principles
- Strong leadership, teamwork and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and leadership qualities with the capacity to motivate and lead a multidisciplinary team
- Effective conflict resolution skills, including the ability to appropriately balance competing demands and interests of key stakeholders such as clients, carers, FACS and community organisations
- Significant casework experience with children, young people and their families
- Highly developed report writing and assessment skills with an ability to monitor and evaluate service performance and outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, independently and maintain accountability
- Sound knowledge of issues surrounding Child Protection and Out of Home Care including knowledge of the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998, corresponding Regulations and Out of Home Care Standards
- Experience in liaising and consulting with community agencies and other professionals
- Have a current NSW Driver’s License
- Working with Children Check
- Right to live and work in Australia (Sponsorship is NOT offered for this position)
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business RUOK, A21 Campaign & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support. We recently won the Recruitment International BEST Corporate Social Responsibility initiative 2019 and RCSA CSR Excellence Award 2018.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive a Flight Centre voucher up to the value of $350. T&C's apply.
This position is not to be missed! Don't delay, send your CV to email@example.com, APPLY NOW below or call Kate or Kerri on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.