As Team Leader - Health Services Helpline, you will be responsible for assisting, leading and encouraging the team to deliver client services to people living with dementia, their families, carers and the wider community.
You will manage all day to day operations of the team with a focus on identifying client needs and providing a high level of customer service and client satisfaction in a dynamic Health Services Contact Centre.
Key competencies of this role include:
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to work within agreed timeframes and prioritise tasks effectively
- Strong communication skills, enthusiastic, energetic and a collaborative mindset
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or equivalent
- Experience in a team leader role
- A strong understanding of a Health Services Contact Centre environment and experience in addressing complex issues over the phone
- Extensive experience working with people with dementia as well as carers and families and an understanding of relevant Service Systems, including My Aged Care and the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Experience delivering services to Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
- Right to live and work in Australia (Sponsorship is NOT offered for this position)
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business RUOK, A21 Campaign & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support. We recently won the Recruitment International BEST Corporate Social Responsibility initiative 2019 & RCSA – CSR Excellence Award - 2018
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive up to $350 flight centre vouchers T&C's Apply.
This position is not to be missed, so don't delay, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , APPLY NOW below or call Kate or Kerri on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.