In this role you will help achieve the organisation's strategic objectives, delivering on operational plans, strengthening and reinforcing organisational values, achieving quality client outcomes and ensuring compliance with all legislative, contractual and industry requirements.
You will directly supervise staff and have direct contact with clients, including children, young people and their biological families and foster carers in addition to internal and external stakeholders to ensure the achievement of safety, wellbeing and permanency outcomes for children and young people.
To be eligible to apply you will need the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology, Community Service, Management or other relevant discipline
- Minimum three years’ experience in the provision of Out-of-Home Care services, including demonstrated knowledge in OOHC legislation and standards
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability in a supervisory role, with the capacity to motivate and lead a team of caseworkers
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues relating to children and young people in Foster Care
- Knowledge of therapeutic care principles, permanency planning principles and their applicability to children in Foster Care
- Knowledge of, and capacity to apply child attachment, development and trauma theory in the context of casework
- Highly developed verbal, written and communication and assessment skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills, including the ability to appropriately balance competing demands and interests of key stakeholders
- Highly developed organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Right to live and work in Australia (Sponsorship is NOT offered for this position)
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business RUOK, A21 Campaign & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support. We recently won the Recruitment International BEST Corporate Social Responsibility initiative 2019 and RCSA CSR Excellence Award 2018.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive a Flight Centre voucher up to the value of $350. T&C's apply.
This position is not to be missed! Don't delay, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, APPLY NOW below or call Kate or Kerri on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.