As a Child & Family Services Clinician participates in a multi-disciplinary service environment providing positive behaviour support for children, young people and adults with an intellectual or cognitive disability who are currently supported by the NGO who exhibit severely challenging behavior, in order to assist them to develop positive behaviours and skills for community living.
The Clinician works with stakeholders, carers, families and advocates ensuring that the expert clinical advice and services they provide are integrated into a broader whole of life planning and support.
We currently have vacancies in the in the following locations
- Sydney - Hills district
- Wagga Wagga - part time
- Knowledge of the issues, trends and philosophies underpinning the provision of services to children and young people within a residential Out of Home Care setting who have complex and/or challenging behaviours.
- Knowledge and experience in the provision of assessment, consultation and therapeutic interventions to children and young people within Out of Home Care.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans.
- Sound knowledge of Child Development, Attachment and Trauma theories and ability to assist and train others to understand the implications of these for the children and young people we support.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting and collaborating both within and external to the agency including health professionals, other agencies and departments.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a member of a clinical team.
- Demonstrated sound level of time management and planning skills. Post Sciences or relevant areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology or equivalent
- At least 2 -3 years' experience working with children and young people with mental illness
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health issues
- Experience delivering services to Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
- Understanding of safe work practices
- Current NSW drivers license
- Right to live and work in Australia (Sponsorship is NOT offered for this position)
If this sounds like the job opportunity for you, don't delay, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 98104498 for a confidential discussion today or APPLY NOW below.
Your next role awaits you!