About the opportunity
TaylorCare Recruitment is recruiting for a full-time permanent Senior Occupational Therapist based on the upper North Shore.
As a Senior Occupational Therapist:
- You will provide recovery-oriented, trauma informed services that are guided by evidence based practices and collaboration. This role provides direct and strategic clinical care and programs for adolescents who require acute inpatient care.
- You will conduct clinical assessment and formulates treatment plans in conjunction with the consumer, carer and family to optimise independence and mastery of activities of daily living, including self-care and productivity. The senior clinical occupational therapist will participate in group program planning and deliver group activities.
- You will use clinical reasoning and professional judgement to consider the impacts of the consumer's functional, cognitive and psycho-social domains on treatment plan and outcomes.
- You will maintain partnerships with the multidisciplinary team using high level interpersonal skills to make shared decisions that meets the needs of consumers, carers and families, the worker communicates goals and treatment plans effectively, including active participation in team meetings, case conferences, clinical handover and education to achieve seamless consumer outcomes.
- You must have the capacity to provide clinical supervision and support to students, Level 1/2 health professionals, technical and support staff. They may also conduct clinical research and will participate in the provision of clinical in-service education programs to staff and students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Full registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia.
- Evidence of extensive clinical experience with a minimum as a level 3 Occupational Therapist.
- Demonstrated experience of providing evidence – based practice to the young person with complex mental health needs.
- Demonstrated experience of working collaboratively with the young person’s family to achieve the young person’s recovery needs.
Did you know your fees contribute to something bigger?
Every placement fee contributes towards our chosen charities: RUOK?, Hamilin, Freedom Hub & A21 Campaign. We donate up to $500 per placement!
What to do next
This position is not to be missed, send your CV to email@example.com or call 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.