We are currently looking for driven Child Protection Caseworkers with a minimum of 4 years' experience who:
- Identify factors that place a child at risk of abuse or neglect
- Understand the developmental stages within a child's life
- Understands the legislative and statutory framework - understands and embeds the Child Youth and Families Act (2005) in practice, including the core responsibilities and principles of the Act
- Works confidently with families impacted by drug and alcohol abuse, family violence and families that identify as Aboriginal
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Confidently prepares for court - initiates, prepares, and presents in Children’s Court, or other tribunals
- Communicates risk and risk-related concepts verbally - confidently conveys ideas and information in a clear and interesting way
- Writes professionally and convincingly
- BA in Social Work, Psychology or Social Science
- Eligible for membership with the AASW or ACWA
- 4+ years of experience in child protection (statutory child protection experience will be highly regarded)
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve optimal outcomes under pressure
- Right to live and work in Australia is essential
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business - RUOK, A21 Campaign and Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - if you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive a Flight Centre voucher to the value of $350. T&C's apply.
If you have any queries regarding these roles, please contact Kerri by email email@example.com or phone 0491202056.