The role provides support to people living with dementia, their families and carers to enhance their quality of life through the provision of individual, group or family counselling, and other related activities. The position promotes wellbeing and builds self-efficacy through face-to-face, telephone, or online counselling and innovative service responses.
Competitive hourly rate plus salary packaging and super based on qualifications and experience.
To be eligible to apply:
- BA in Counselling, Social Work or Psychology or equivent
- Registration with, or eligibility for membership of, a relevant professional body or association (e.g. Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, Australian Counselling Association, Australian Association of Social Workers or Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia)*
- 1-3 years counselling experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the impact of the diagnosis and progression of dementia on the person and their family.*
- Experience in the delivery of educational information and group programs.*
- Skills and experience in completing psycho-social assessments
- Demonstrated skills in liaising with service providers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation skills etc.). *
- Well-developed case note, record keeping and report writing skills.*
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver high quality presentations across a diverse community. *
- Knowledge and understanding of the Aged Care and Disability Sectors.
- Sound competency with Microsoft Office applications
- National Police Check or able to obtain.
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business RUOK, Freedom Hub & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive up to $350 gift vouchers T&C's Apply.
This position is not to be missed so don't delay, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , APPLY NOW below or call Kate on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.