As an NDIS Clinician OT, participate in a multi-disciplinary service environment coordinating an active clinical caseload consisting of clients with an intellectual or cognitive disability and challenging behaviors.
As the Occupational Therapist you will work with stakeholders, carers and families to ensure that the expert clinical advice and the services they provide are integrated into a broader array of life planning and support procedures. You will also need to be flexible to travel when needed between states.
We currently have vacancies based in the following locations:
- Knowledge of the issues, trends and philosophies underpinning the provision of services to clients with complex and/or challenging behaviours
- Knowledge and understanding of the Disability Service Standards
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting and collaborating both within and external to the agency including health professionals, other agencies and departments
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a member of a clinical team
- Demonstrated sound level of time management and planning skills
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Registration with AHPRA as an OT
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health issues
- An understanding of the NDIS or a willingness to learn the scheme
- Experience delivering services to culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Understanding of safe work practices
- Current driver's license
- Right to live and work in Australia (Sponsorship is NOT offered for this position)
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support four charities through our business RUOK, A21 Campaign, Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia, Freedom Hub. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support. We won the 2018 RCSA Corporate Social Responsibility Award and the 2019 RI Best CSR Initiative Award for the work we have done for charity.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - if you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive a Flight Centre voucher up to the value of $350. T&C's apply.
This position is not to be missed! Don't delay, send your CV to email@example.com, APPLY NOW below or call Kerri on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.