A new role as Support Coordinator has been created to join a growing NDIS multidisciplinary team of psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and support workers.
You will be responsible for assisting Participants with complex needs to build personal capacity to make decisions and choices about the implementation of all supports in their NDIS plan.
You will focus on addressing barriers and help navigate Participants through different supports while assisting Participants to ensure they are on track to achieve their goals.
A day in the life as a Support Coordinator may see you supporting our Participants with:
- Support Coordination to assist in implementing their NDIS plan
- Coordinate services in Participants’ NDIS plans including the management of complex multi-disciplinary teams
- Provide advice and consultation with Participants, their families, and other stakeholders in response to complex and challenging situations
- Develop action plans following consultation with Participants, their families, and other stakeholders to resolve barriers arising from complexity
- Liaise and collaborate with key stakeholders to establish mutual goals of coordinating service delivery for Participants.
You have implemented NDIS plans and have great rapport with Participants. You are multi-skilled, resourceful, creative, passionate and have 2+ years’ experience as a Support Coordinator
This role is for someone who is highly assertive, has strong attention to detail and first-class communication skills. Ideally, you will have:
- Previous experience in community services, disability employment services, mental health services or similar
- Thorough understanding and commitment to NDIS Practice Standards, Work Health and Safety and Equal Opportunity.
- A problem solver who shows initiative and delivers outcomes.
- Highly accountable and take responsibility to deliver outcomes, regardless of obstacles.
- Preferred relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience working with people with a disability.
- Knowledge of NDIS and the National Standards for Disability Services.
- A current working with NSW Working with Children Check, National Police Check, First Aid and NSW Driver’s license.
We are passionate about giving back and support charities through our business: RUOK, A21 Campaign, Freedom Hub & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia.
As we place you into a job, we in turn can donate more to the charities we support.
We are a multi award winning agency and winners of the TIARA Specialist Recruitment Agency of the year 2020.
What to do next
This position is not to be missed, send your CV to email@example.com or call 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.