The Senior Psychologist’s role involves the contribution to the development and implementation of high quality of service to clients and participants who are a mix of children (majority), teenagers and adults and assist them in reaching their goals.
The Senior Psychologist will be responsible for administering evidence-based therapy, provide clinical supervision and mentor junior provisional psychologists, develop treatment/support program schedules, arrange/deliver professional development and assist in performance reviews of other psychologists.
The role involves the following:
- Provide counselling/therapy to clients and participants under Medicare, Private and NDIS (majority)
- Assist in positive changes to clients/participants’ behaviour, gathering data through interviews and observation, identifying and helping with the diagnosis of mental, behavioural or emotional disorders,
- Develop treatment/support plans for our clients/participants with Autism, ADHD, developmental delay and others
- Administer assessments such as Functional and Cognitive Assessments ( WISC V and WPPSI IV), Vineland Adaptive Behaviour Scales, Griffiths, ADOS-2, etc. (not necessary all)
- Provide specialist training and guidance to parents/staff regarding working with people with disabilities.
The ideal candidate is someone with 4 years+ paediatric experience and an understanding of NDIS processes.
Ideally, you will:
- Have exceptional experience with paediatric caseload
- Be capable of administering a range of assessments
- Be able to work independently and as a team
- Be registered with AHPRA
- Have great time management skills
- Have experience with NDIS processes (preferred not essential)
- Have Working with Children Check
- Have Police Check
- Have CPR
We are passionate about giving back and support charities through our business: RUOK, A21 Campaign, Freedom Hub & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia.
As we place you into a job, we in turn can donate more to the charities we support.
We are a multi award winning agency and winners of the TIARA Specialist Recruitment Agency of the year 2020.
What to do next
This position is not to be missed, send your CV to email@example.com or call 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.