As an NDIS Clinician OT, participate in a multi-disciplinary service environment coordinating an active clinical caseload consisting of clients with an intellectual or cognitive disability and challenging behaviors.
As the Occupational Therapist works with stakeholders, carers, families ensuring that the expert clinical advice and the services they provide are integrated into a broader array of life planning and support procedures. You will also need to be flexible to travel when needed between states.
We currently have vacancies based in the in the following locations
- Knowledge of the issues, trends and philosophies underpinning the provision of services to clients with complex and/or challenging behaviours.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Disability Service Standards
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting and collaborating both within and external to the agency including health professionals, other agencies and departments.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a member of a clinical team.
- Demonstrated sound level of time management and planning skills.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- AHPRA Registered Occupational Therapy
- At least 2 -3 years' experience working with children and young people with mental illness and complex challenging behaviors
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health issues
- Experience delivering services to Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
- Understanding of safe work practices
- Current NSW drivers license
- Right to live and work in Australia (Sponsorship is NOT offered for this position)
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support four charities through our business RUOK, A21 Campaign, Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia, Freedom Hub. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support. We won RCSA Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2018 & RI Best CSR Initiative 2019 for the work we have done for charity.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive up to $350 flight centre vouchers T&C's Apply.
This position is not to be missed, so don't delay, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , APPLY NOW below or call Kate or Kerri on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.