The State Manager will report to the Executive General Manager People and provides operational leadership for VincentCare Community Housing, working closely with the Group CEO, Group Executive General Manager Corporate Services, and Group Financial Controller managing the operations of VCCH.
The State Manager will lead a team of 10 staff that focuses on the delivery of high quality and effective services with a focus on delivering integrated intake, assessment, referral, customer service, place making and support outcomes across a range of housing services
To be eligible to apply:
- Degree in Social Work ,Community Services, Management or equivalent
- Broad knowledge of the field of homelessness and is committed to an inclusive approach to policy and procedural planning.
- Experience of delivering and supporting a high standard of staff supervision across a range of duties and disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of budgets, financial management and control.
- Extensive network of industry contacts to provide information, peer support and advice
- Able to provide sector leadership and contribute to a well-developed evidence base to support regional resource planning.
- A commitment to lead effective responses to disadvantage in the community and work diligently toward ending chronic homelessness.
- Able to lead a staff team with energy and enthusiasm, fostering a positive and loyal approach to the service
- Experience of appointing and supervising staff across a range of programs and an understanding of the legislative and ethical requirements of staff employment responsibilities.
- Has a broad understanding and well developed capacity for analyses of homelessness programs and the homelessness service system.
- Implementing strategies to improve customer access to a continuum of housing options including community housing, private rental, affordable housing and homelessness services.
- Managing and improving the interface between State Government housing services, DFFH and Homes Victoria, The Victorian Housing Registrar, government agencies, non-government and community services sector and the private sector.
- Managing strategic planning and service delivery change, in order to achieve corporate and state government objectives around local housing and social need.
- Understanding changes in Residential Tenancy Act (RTA) and ensuring the services provided by VCCH are in accordance with the changes and service delivery is adapted.
- Ensuring effective systems are in place for management of rental payments, property maintenance and breaches under the RTA.
This is an exciting role where you can really make your mark in Melbourne and be apart of a large NGO making a difference in the community.
Why work with TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business RUOK, A21 Campaign & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support. We recently won the RCSA Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2018 for our work in the community.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive up to $350 GIFT vouchers or donate to a charity of your choice T&C's Apply.
This position is not to be missed, so don't delay, send your CV to Kate Taylor - Managing Director at Kate@taylorcare.com.au , APPLY NOW below or call Kate on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.
Your next role awaits you!
Closing date - COB - 12th of September 2021