As an NDIS Clinician, participate in a multi-disciplinary service environment coordinating an active clinical caseload consisting of clients with an intellectual or cognitive disability and challenging behaviours.
The Clinician works with stakeholders, carers and families ensuring that the expert clinical advice and the services they provide are integrated into a broader array of life planning and support procedures.
Key competencies of this role include:
- Knowledge of the issues, trends and philosophies underpinning the provision of services to clients with complex and/or challenging behaviours
- Knowledge and understanding of the Disability Service Standards
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting and collaborating both within and external to the agency including health professionals, other agencies and departments
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a member of a clinical team
- Demonstrated sound level of time management and planning skills
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Registration with AHPRA as a Provisional/General Psychologist or membership with the AASW as a Social Worker
- At least 2-3 years' experience working with adults with mental illness and complex challenging behaviors
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health issues
- Experience delivering services to Culturally and Linguistically Diverse communities
- Understanding of safe work practices
- Current NSW drivers license
- Right to live and work in Australia (Sponsorship is NOT offered for this position)
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business - RUOK, A21 Campaign & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus? If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive a Flight Centre voucher to the value of $350. T&C's apply.
This position is not to be missed, so don't delay, send your CV to email@example.com, APPLY NOW below or call Kerri on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.