All about the role:
You will be responsible for providing Financial Counselling to assists clients in financial difficulty to address their financial problems and make informed choices. Financial Counselling provides direct case work or one-on-one intensive support, including the provision of information, advocacy and/or negotiation; referrals to other services; community education; and networking/liaison with relevant service providers.
What's in it for you?
Be part of a large NFP in Melbourne who are passionate about attracting and retaining skilled and committed employees aligned to their values. Become part of the team that has over three hundred dedicated, talented and enthusiastic staff working across a range of programs and services and offers a number of benefits including:
- Career Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging
- Choice of Superannuation fund
- Family friendly and flexibility
- Study leave
- Diploma in Community Services (Financial Counselling) – Mandatory
- Be a member of, or to be eligible for membership of, Financial Counselling and Consumer Rights Victoria association.
- The position requires the ongoing possession of a valid Victorian Drivers License (with no suspension or restrictions) for a motor car.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in delivering financial counselling to clients within a community or not-for-profit organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients in a respectful manner that respects diversity, equality, choice and client participation.
- A well developed understanding of the issues and needs facing people who have experienced or are experiencing homelessness, including family violence, mental health, Alcohol and Other Drugs, disability, trauma and non-financially related legal issues.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of social justice, human rights, self-determination and empowerment.
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business RUOK, Freedom Hub. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support.
We are multi award winning agency and recently won TIARA Specialist Recruitment Agency of the year 2020
If this job isn't for you did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive up to $350 gift vouchers T&C's Apply.
This position is not to be missed so don't delay, send your CV to email@example.com , APPLY NOW below or call Kate on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.