The Survivor School is a place where survivors are trained, encouraged, and prepared for the workforce. A place where, through one-to-one mentoring, supported learning, and practical application; survivors can learn faster than in a large group, feel valued, and trust is re-established. Survivors are accelerated into a position of success because our classes are trauma-informed, sensitive to their unique needs and cPTSD.
The Survivor Education Manager workings alongside the CEO and serves as the chief coordinator of all school activities, classes, tutoring, outings, and peer support. You will implement programs, curriculum activities, outings that supports the educational development of each student and the professional development of each Education Coach.
Benefits & Culture:
- Work alongside in a Senior Leadership team of growing charity
- Become a valued member of the senior leadership team making a difference within Community Services In advocating and ending Modern Slavery
- Equip and Educate Survivors of Modern Slavery.
- Diploma or Degree In Education or Community Services or equivalent.
- Appreciation of and the ability to promote and support the values and ethos the Freedom Hub
- Have proven ability to build and manage a large volunteer team and ability to train, equip and mentor others.
- Understanding of modern-day slavery and the issues faced by survivors in Australia.
- Understanding of relevant legislation, policies, procedures and standards impacting the delivery of services to survivors.
- Understanding of ‘trauma informed’ skills that may assist a survivor in gaining independence and confidence combined with an ability to factor those into an educational program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication.
- High level problem solving expertise & High level organisational skills.
- A good command of MS Office and record management systems.
- A good understanding of educational concepts and delivery methods.
- Ability to learn IT systems/platform quickly eg dropbox, ASANA, VCMS.
- Current Police Check & Current WWCC or willing to obtain one.
- Right to live and work in Australia is essential – no sponsorship.
Work for an award-winning charity who run social enterprise businesses to help with the funding of the administration costs with the café in the heart of waterloo, event venue and online retail, not only raise funds, but also become a focal point for community involvement and awareness. As a result, most of our administrative costs are covered by the business, and our supporters’ donations go directly to helping survivors.
“The Freedom Hub helps survivors stay motivated & seek opportunities to live a life of freedom, by offering individual supported learning and work pathways. This sets them up with hope as well as the opportunity to have another go and not lose heart.”
Sally Irwin, CEO & Founder
$80k + Super + salary packaging pro rata. Start at 24 hours a week with the view to build fulltime in the future also available for the right person.
Why work with TaylorCare Recruitment to secure your next role?
We are passionate about giving back and support charities through our business: RUOK, A21 Campaign, Freedom Hub & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia.
As we place you into a job, we in turn can donate more to the charities we support.
We are a multi award winning agency and recently won the TIARA Specialist Recruitment Agency of the year 2020.
This position is not to be missed, apply NOW or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Call for confidential discussion on 02 9810 4498.