This organisation provides a range of programs across the remote APY lands in the SA but based in Alice Springs focusing on empowering Aboriginal people and communities to achieve economic wellbeing and self-determination, by advocating and partnering with community members to influence, deliver services, build, and share knowledge to tackle inequality.
A very exciting opportunity has become available as the Community Services Manager.
We are looking for a multi-skilled, resourceful, creative, passionate person who is committed to advocating for change and is motivated to continually improve and develop solutions in a culturally open space.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who are resilient, can work within a trauma informed framework and can motivate and inspire staff to high levels of performance and impact for clients. This role will include travelling to remote communities.
An important objective of the Community Services Manager role is to assist with the development and implementation of a practice framework for our programs and services.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the Financial Wellbeing team consisting of a Team Leader, financial counsellors, and financial capability workers
- Overseeing the Family Wellbeing Centre program, including supporting the Coordinator and Community based steering group to achieve the Centre’s Wellbeing Action Plan goals, as well as providing backfill at the centre during periods of leave for the Coordinator.
- Supervising the Community Office, ensuring the Community Administration Support Officer and local staff are supported, trained and resourced
- Identifying, implementing and managing special projects needed to achieve strategic objectives - for example, co-designing responses to Elder Abuse with the Community.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have tertiary level qualification in Community Services, Social Work, Psychology, Family Therapy, Community Development or related discipline
- Have a minimum two to five years experience at senior management level including community service planning, implementation, management and contract and budget reporting and compliance
- Have demonstrated experience leading and managing teams to achieve a cohesive culture and excellent results against contract KPIs
- Be highly organised and analytical - able to quickly synthesise large amounts of information and develop effective strategies to complete work in challenging environment
- Possess superior communication skills - verbal and written in order to represent the organisation in public forums and complete written reports and position papers
- Are adept at using cloud-based technology platforms - Gmail; Google Docs; Google Chat/Skype; client management databases
- Have an unrestricted driver’s license and able to drive a manual vehicle
- Be able to drive a 4WD alone, covering long distances on poor roads, do basic maintenance as required - e.g. change a flat tyre or fix a puncture
- Have a Working With Children and relevant criminal history checks
- Wil be required to complete the Financial Literacy Skillset (at the organisation's expense). Personal Attributes
- Ability to travel to remote communities for a 1-2 weeks a few times a year.
- Experience working in a remote Aboriginal community or with Aboriginal communities (highly desirable)
What's on offer:
- Salary Range $110,980k - $115,406k per annum (inc leave loading) plus super and remote salary sacrifice options. Level 8 SCHADS Award
- Salary level depends on skills and experience.
- Six weeks annual leave plus 5 days mandated breaks
- Support for relocation
- $500 annual wellbeing payment (not cumulative) per annum
- External professional supervision
- COVID-19 flexible working arrangements may apply
We are committed to Indigenous employment and a culturally competent workplace. Qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Why work with TaylorCare Recruitment?
At TaylorCare Group we partner with top NDIS providers and healthcare organisations for their staffing and Telehealth recruitment. We work together to help deliver essential healthcare services to the Australian community. We are passionate about giving back and support charities through our business: RUOK, A21 Campaign, Freedom Hub & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. As we place you into a job, we in turn donate to the charities we support. We are a multi award winning agency and recently won the TIARA Specialist Recruitment Agency of the year 2020.
This position is not to be missed so don't delay, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0451 820 801 for a confidential discussion.