In this role you will conduct assessments of clients’ cognitive and learning abilities and monitor intervention plans and strategies around challenging behaviours exhibited by people with a disability, people with a mental health issue and children and young people with high and complex needs. You will also be responsible for providing training and support to carers and staff regarding therapeutic care.
To be eligible to apply you will need to meet the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy or Social Work and current registration or eligibility for registration with the professional body or Psychology board of Australia to practice as a psychologist
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and planning intervention for clients under 18 years of age who exhibit a range of behaviours of concern especially high risk behaviours
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience in implementing client–centred / family-centred interventions
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to use initiative and think laterally and strategically as well as well-developed problem solving skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work under pressure
- Willingness to work within the philosophy of the Life Without Barriers organisation
- Experience working in a culturally sensitive manner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and a willingness to work and train in culturally appropriate approaches
- Current Driver Licence
Salary including super - $88,950 - $112,000
Pool Car use
Salary sacrifice - $15,9000 + additional $2,600 for meals/entertainment
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
Work with a multi award winning boutique agency who are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business - RUOK, A21 Campaign & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support. Winners of the RCSA – Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2018 & RI – Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative 2019.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus? If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive a voucher to the value of $350 for you and your mate to share. T&C's apply.
This position is not to be missed, so don't delay, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, APPLY NOW below or call Kerri on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.