As a Child & Family Services Clinician you will participate in a multi-disciplinary service environment providing positive behaviour support for children & young people in out of home care and adults with an intellectual or cognitive disability who are currently supported by the non for profit who exhibit severely challenging behavior, in order to assist them to develop positive behaviours and skills for community living.
The Clinician works with stakeholders, carers, families ensuring that the expert clinical advice and the services they provide are integrated into a broader array of life planning and support procedures.
We currently have vacancies in the following locations:
- Parkes and Surrounds
- Knowledge and experience in the provision of assessment, consultation and therapeutic interventions to children and young people within Out of Home Care
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Out of Home Care & Disability Service Standards
- Sound knowledge of Child Development, Attachment and Trauma theories and ability to assist and train others to understand the implications of these for the children and young people we support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting and collaborating both within and external to the agency including health professionals, other agencies and departments.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a member of a clinical team
- Demonstrated sound level of time management and planning skills
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- AHPRA Registered Psychologist or AASW accredited Social Worker, where relevant
- At least 2 -3 years' experience working with children and young people in a child protection setting and/or with complex and challenging behaviors
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans
- Understanding of safe work practices
- Current NSW drivers license
- Right to live and work in Australia (Sponsorship is NOT offered for this position)
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business RUOK, A21 Campaign & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive up to $350 flight centre vouchers T&C's Apply.
This position is not to be missed, so don't delay, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , APPLY NOW below or call Kate Taylor on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.