As a Child & Family Services Clinician you will participate in a multi-disciplinary service environment - providing positive behaviour support for children and young people in out of home care and adults with an intellectual or cognitive disability who are currently supported by the non for profit who exhibit severely challenging behavior, in order to assist them to develop positive behaviours and skills for community living.
The Clinician works with stakeholders, carers and families to ensure that the expert clinical advice and the services they provide are integrated into a broader array of life planning and support procedures.
Key competencies of this role include:
- Knowledge and experience in the provision of assessment, consultation and therapeutic interventions to children and young people within Out of Home Care
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Out of Home Care & Disability Service Standards
- Sound knowledge of child development, attachment and trauma theories and ability to assist and train others to understand the implications of these for the children and young people we support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for consulting and collaborating both within and external to the agency including health professionals, other agencies and departments
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a member of a clinical team
- Demonstrated sound level of time management and planning skills
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Registration with AHPRA as a Provisional/General Psychologist or membership with the AASW as a Social Worker
- At least 2-3 years' experience working with children and young people in a child protection setting and/or with complex and challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated knowledge in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies, risk management strategies and skills development plans
- Understanding of safe work practices
- Current NSW drivers license
- Right to live and work in Australia (Sponsorship is NOT offered for this position)
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business - RUOK, A21 Campaign and Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus? If you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive a Flight Centre voucher up to the value of $350. T&C's apply.
This position is not to be missed! So don't delay, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, APPLY NOW below or call Kerri Olafsen on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.