This rewarding role will enable the successful candidate to improve child health and wellbeing, reduce levels of vulnerability and meet the needs of children,
young people and families early to prevent the escalation of need and address risk factors that may lead to entry into the child protection system if they are not addressed.
Social Workers with extensive case management experience in early intervention who work from a strengths based approach are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be eligible to apply you will need the following:
- Degree level qualifications in the areas of Social Work, Psychology, Community Services, Social Sciences or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with children, young people and their families in an early intervention context
- Practical experience in providing strengths based, client centred groups, practical assistance and case management, to children and young people and their families
- Experience in the delivery of early intervention strategies to culturally and linguistically diverse communities and an understanding of the diverse needs of clients
- Understanding of safe work practices and management of risk
- Demonstrated experience of working collaboratively in a multi- disciplinary team
- Promotional and networking skills experience with child and youth service providers and other community networks
- A commitment to social justice principles
- Current and verified Working With Children Check and National Police Check
- Current Australian Drivers Licence and a car for work travel (transportation allowance provided)
Why go through TaylorCare Recruitment for your next job?
We are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business - RUOK, A21 Campaign and Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support.
Did you know we offer a refer a friend bonus - if you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive a Flight Centre voucher to the value of $350. T&C's apply.
If you have any queries regarding these roles, please contact Kerri by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9810 4498.