About the company
Work with an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Their aspiration is to be the leader in providing care, hope and advocacy for those facing disadvantage with the purpose to create opportunities and lasting change for the most marginalised. This organisation is well equipped to provide a continuum of services that effectively meet the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
About the role
As a Case Manager you will provide information, advocacy, referral, accommodation and case management support to single women and single women with children who have been subjected to family violence and are homeless and/or at risk of homelessness as a result. You will assist clients of the service to maximise their ability to live independently and free from abuse.
This role is 4 days a week located in the Bayside and Kingston area, Melbourne.
Applications for this role are open to female candidates only under Section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010.
To be eligible to apply you will need the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in social work, community services or similar (required)
MARAM Comprehensive Family Violence Specialist Training (desired and preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues relating to homelessness and homelessness service system
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues relating to family violence, including knowledge of the feminist framework regarding gendered violence
- Demonstrated experience working with women and their children who may also present with complex needs, with particular specialised working knowledge in AOD and mental health, in addition to homelessness, disability, legal issues, cultural and linguistic diversity etc.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of case management frameworks and principles.
- Can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as advanced interpersonal skills. Has experience of writing quality reports, submissions and successful grant applications.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, including high level of data accuracy and uptake and strong attention to detail. Has high-level computer literacy. Strong computer literacy, demonstrated experience utilising Microsoft.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Aboriginal experience ideal
- Sensitivity - Demonstrated and sensitivity to working with women from a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds
- Team Work/Autonomy - Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- High degree of self-motivation. Ability to contribute to a positive team culture.
- Resilience - Ability to work in a crisis environment with clients presenting with complex needs and behaviours.
This opportunity is not to be missed. Apply today!
Send your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 02 9810 4498 and speak to Kerri Olafsen for a confidential discussion or click the 'Apply now' button to submit your interest.
TaylorCare are passionate about giving back and support three charities through our business - RUOK, A21 Campaign & Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. So, as we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support. We recently won the RCSA Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2018 for our work in the community.