You will also provide valuable support and counselling to parents pursuing adoption and contribute meaningfully to the assessment and recruitment of prospective adoptive parents, pre-adoptive carers, and dually authorised carers.
To be eligible to apply:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline such as Social Work, Psychology or Family Therapy
- On the Register of Counsellors as per the Adoption Act 2000, or able and willing to be
- Demonstrated experience working with adoptive parents, pre-adoptive carers, and parents considering adoption
- Strong understanding of the relevant legislation related to adoptions and experience with preparing applications to the Supreme Court for adoption orders
- Experience in working with children and young people, as well as, at risk families and/or out-of-home care
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills and highly developed interpersonal skills
- Sound computer literacy skills
- Willingness and capacity to undertake weekend shifts for training and other activities
- Strong commitment to, and passion for the mission of a Catholic agency and willingness to work in alignment with the principles of Catholic Social Teachings and other Church teachings
- Current Working with Children Check Clearance
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence and access to a well-maintained vehicle which can be used for work purposes
- Strong commitment to, and passion for the mission of a Catholic agency and willingness to work in alignment to the principles of Catholic Social Teachings and other Church teachings
- Current Working with Children Check clearance
- Current and valid driver’s licence and access to a well-maintained vehicle which will be used for work purposes
We are passionate about giving back and support four charities through our business - RUOK, A21 Campaign, Freedom Hub and Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia. As we place you into a job in turn we can donate more to the charities we support.
Did you know we also offer a refer a friend bonus - if you refer someone to us who we place into a role you can receive a Flight Centre voucher up to the value of $350. T&C's apply.
This position is not to be missed, so don't delay - send your CV to email@example.com, APPLY NOW below or call Kerri on 02 9810 4498 for a confidential discussion.